Welcome to Vistaserv.net
Welcome! Vistaserv.net is a grass-roots web hosting initiative hailing from Thornbury, Australia. Inspired by the quirky web of the 90s, we allow users to create home pages, your own little sandbox on the World Wide Web, as it were.
We started Vistaserv because we want to create a virtual local community on the Internet, while giving people a place online that they can truly customise and call their own. Hopefully, we can share some of the wonderment and excitement of the early web, before big corporate walled gardens came along and told us what our online profiles should look like.
Go wild, add animated GIFs, select a garish colour scheme for your home page. Do everything you'd like to, with nobody to tell you it's not sufficiently Web 2.0! It's easy and totally free to use. We encourage you to take inspiration from what others have done, and learn a little HTML in the process!
What's happening at Vistaserv?
- 01-JUN-2020 Webring beta released! It took us ages, but we finally got around to releasing a first rough cut of a webring feature! See it in action on this ever-changing random home page, it makes discovering home pages so much easier.
- 22-MAY-2020 Webmaster's Weekly Round-Up - 22 May 2020. Another week of cool home pages we've discovered on Vistaserv.
- 15-MAY-2020 Webmaster's Weekly Round-Up - 15 May 2020. The first in a weekly showcase of creative, weird and wonderful home pages from Vistaserv members.
- 11-MAY-2020 Guest Book fixed!. As many of you will have noticed, the Guest Book was glitchy yesterday :(. Thankfully, it was just bad coding on paul's part, and that has been fixed. No messages were lost, the DB query to display them was just doing a LIMIT 100 and showing.. the 100 oldest messages. Facepalm.
- 09-MAY-2020 Convincing-looking 90s fonts in modern browsers. We have added a thrilling blog post (our first!) about our journey towards making this web site look as retro as it does, by creating our own pixellated fonts.
Featured home pages
- Gord's home page – amazing web-safe pictures, proving that foxes are, indeed, quite neat!
- Yot's Hangout Page – pixellated graphics, helpful links for building your Vistaserv home page, and a very cool dynamic menu.
Recent Home Pages:
Today's News: 06-JUN-1996
- U.S. Offers Details On Inquiry Into Mexican's Cash Transfers
- To Win Russia's 'Generation X,' Yeltsin Is Pumping Up The Volume
- Europe Eases Its Beef Ban But Rebukes British Policy
- U.S. Charges Peter Max With Hiding Art Sale Income In Tax Fraud
- In Malawi, Pilgrims Throng To An Aids Potion
- The Campaigns For Congress
- New Chief For France's Jet Engine Builder
- Good Neighbors Make Good Fences
- Calvin Klein Sues Price Costco Over Jeans Sales
- Anheuser Busch To Make Kirin Beer In The United States